1.16.2004

Since it's Friday afternoon already and I haven't had a minute to blog, I'll kick things off with the Friday Five, which is of a particularly self-indulgent nature today:

1. What does it say in the signature line of your emails? I don't have the .sig turned on anymore, so I'll use my Friendster quote: "Where's the man who could ease the heart like a satin gown?" -- Dorothy Parker

2. Did you have a senior quote in your high school yearbook? Oh dear...well, being overly-sentimental 17 year-old girls, my friends and I all put in this very Oprah thing about "I never thought I'd laugh at the times I cried, or cry at the times I laughed." *Cue "Wind Beneath My Wings"* In my defense, I also included my Career Goal ("To become Secretary General of the U.N.") and this Secret Plan: "To marry Harry Connick Jr. (?!!) and drive across the U.S. in a 1960's Porsche convertible"!

3. If you had vanity plates on your car, what would they read? That's not really my speed...yesterday I heard about an Audi TT sporting "FRODO" plates. See what I mean?

4. Have you received any gifts with messages engraved upon them? What did the inscription say? When I graduated from L-school, I got some nice desk accessories with my name on them. Really! I always liked those little erasers, stickers, and pencils with your name on them, back in the 80s, though...

5. What would you like your epitaph to be? It's hard to improve on Ralph: "Finish each day and be done with it." ;)

No comments: