10.07.2003

Well well well, if it isn't the end of the world...I quote Matt Singer over at Not Geniuses: "Cubs and the Red Sox are each in their respective championship series. The Chiefs are undefeated. Israel is bombing its neighbors. The Pope is nearing his death." Throw in the full moon and soon-to-be-Governor Schwarzenegger, and I'd say the rain of fire and toads will begin any minute now. As if I didn't have enough going on to blog about, I'm on very little sleep today and probably for the foreseeable future...sweet, sweet October.

Note that Neal Pollack has a terrific suggestion today for combining baseball and politics in one strong statement: vote for Oakland A's pitcher Barry Zito for California governor today, for his efforts in helping the Red Sox win -- "I think it was obvious that Boston didn't really want to win, but Zito's commitment to Boston's victory is commendable." Indeed!

No comments: