10.23.2003

Hidely hodely, blog-erinos, it's Nat Woodward, filling in for the Divine Miss Em, who's going to a wedding in Maine. She may call it the Pine Tree State (see below), but that's one of those nicknames which only out-of-staters use. Kinda like calling Boston "Beantown". And don't even get me started on the Maine license plates- I am a former five year resident of Maine, and the new license plates were quite controversial. I guess excitement is hard to come by in Maine?
I always found the Duck plate to be one of the most attractive license plates I'd seen. I wonder how many Pearl Harbor Survivors there are in Maine, never mind Pearl Harbor Survivors Who Want It Advertised On The Back Of Their Car?
If you visit the State of Maine License Plate Page, you may agree with me: Americans take their tags too seriously. Isn't it just a numeric code which allows the government to track our movements?

No comments: