10.27.2003

Remember Sunday's piece about Boris Bally's art in the Globe Magazine?
Well, I wrote Boris a complimentary message, and asked him where he gets his champagne corks from.
This morning, a response arrived:

Nathaniel, THANKS for your interest..sure, please SPREAD THE WORD!! see below for the cork source..i love this info-age...ha! i collect most of my materials with web-assist..can you help?? Many thanks...let me know if you are ever in Providence... Cheers! ~ boris

Subject: Desperately Seeking.....
Dear Friends,
I am seeking hundreds and thousands of used champagne corks to transform into the feet for my recycled traffic sign 'transit' furniture...If you have any of these lurking about already, or wish to begin collecting them, or know of someone who enjoys sipping 'the bubbly,' YOU can help me!

I will promptly refund your GROUND shipping expenses (either UPS or US Parcel Post) and also send a small 'art gift of appreciation' for your trouble...

Please remember, I specifically need Champagne, or sparkling wine, corks this for their perfect mushroom shape! (NO wine corks or bottlecaps needed!)

Interested? Here's what to do:

Start collecting the champagne corks in a box! When you get a small box of at least one-dozen, please send to me directly to:
Boris Bally, Atelier 789 Atwells Avenue, Providence, RI 02909
Be sure to insert a card with your return shipping address, and the amount it cost to ship the box. This will help me to send you a refund check and your gift.

Thanks you in advance, and remember, "it is more fun to raise a glass for Art's sake!"

-boris the junksmith www.BorisBally.com

No comments: