10.20.2003

On this crisp October morning -- okay, more than crisp, I actually had to scrape frost from my windshield this morning -- what is making headlines in greater Boston? That would be "The Kevin Doherty Show," a cable access "variety show" out of Marshfield (!) featuring teenagers running around in costumes, beating each other up, setting fires, making date rape jokes, etc. etc. etc. I saw a clip on the news this morning, at it looked to be an unholy blend of "Jackass," G.W.A.R. and Battle Bots...ah, the young people today! In even more depressing youth news, check out this story from Florida on those trendy jelly bracelets from the 80's -- now used as "sex bracelets" in some kind of weird game. Hmmm, I wore a whole wristful of black ones when I was that age, I wonder what that means?

No comments: