10.16.2003

Tonight brings us Game Seven Armageddon, friends -- Red Sox v. Yankees in a final showdown for a trip to the World Series, unfortunately to be played against the Marlins, boooooooooooo. As this ESPN writer asks, "Is anyone going to be watching 'Friends' tonight?"

After the rollercoaster drama of last night's Sox win, now I can tell the tale of my brush with The Duke yesterday, and I don't mean John Wayne. At lunchtime I went over to the Bedford post office, and who did I encounter there, idly filling out a Priority Mail form? None other than the despised Dan Duquette, former Sox GM! i was stunned -- was this a good sign, a bad sign, a really bad sign? Apparently, any bad vibes from that encounter blew away on the spooky winds of change that were blowing last night...

And as for spooky, read Jason's comical account of the perils of watching the Sox game on a TiVo-delay.

No comments: