10.10.2003

Cool, Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) is asking for Karl Rove's resignation, with a none-too-subtle reference to the Nixon era. Go, Karl, go.

Also, I went back and did my due diligence reading on President Half-Wit's assertion this week that he has "no idea" whether the Valerie Plame name-leaker would ever be found: "I don't know if we're going to find out the senior administration official ... Now, this is a large administration, and there's a lot of senior officials. I don't have any idea." In a word: priceless. It's also one of the more accurate things Bush has ever said -- I have total confidence that he does not, in fact, have any idea what is going on around him or in his name. Gah! I did receive a comical email from MoveOn.org urging me to sign an affidavit that *I* didn't leak Plame's name to Novak, thus if everyone but the leaker sends one of these to Bush he'll be able to figure it out by process of elimination (after a simple explanation of how that works from Condoleezza Rice, of course). Seeing as how the Prez has not even pretended to start investigating this internally, I'm sure we'll be getting to the bottom of this real soon. Year Three of GWB is starting to look a lot like Britain under Disraeli: Never apologize, never explain.

No comments: