10.07.2003

Emperor George has no clothes, nor cerebral cortex -- a recent AP article (headline: "Bush 'not paying attention' to Democratic race") noted that GWB likes to skim headlines rather than read the news, and likes his news briefings even better. And why shouldn't he? I quote the man himself: "The best way to get the news is from objective sources, and the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me what’s happening in the world." While we giggle and/or weep in disbelief at this, and wait for Tom Tomorrow to jump on the story, check out this New Yorker satire on same (yes, it's New Yorker Day around here). As Jason Kottke said of our "Frozen Caveman President," "I think in order to find someone with less perspective on the world, you'd have to look to Papua New Guinea for a member of one of the last remaining Stone Age tribes." Yarr!

No comments: