12.02.2003

I just looked up the actual Friday Five from last week, and it's highly relevant to my online activities today, so I'll run it:

1. Do you like to shop? Why or why not? I grew up in New Jersey, where the state pastime is shopping, so I am not immune to the lure of the spree. But I like to window shop, i.e. browse with no intention of buying (and/or while too broke to buy anything anyway -- this works particularly well in antiques stores). I have laser-like efficiency and speed at the grocery store or Target, though, I like to get in and out ASAP. And I absoultely loathe shopping for clothes and shoes, so that takes care of that.

2. What was the last thing you purchased? Yesterday I ordered some books and other holiday gifts online, and I stopped by the grocery store after work for a few things.

3. Do you prefer shopping online or at an actual store? Why? Online for the discounts and convenience, actual stores for speed.

4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it? We sort of got an allowance, in the $5/week range, but we were always pestering my mom for funds anyway. I worked at the public library after school too, for about $4.50/hr., so I had money for the 3pm ritual of Diet Cokes and french fries with my friends at the Hunan Garden restaurant a few blocks from school...ah, good times...

5. What was the last thing you regret purchasing? Hmmm, it might be my law degree...naaahhh, I'd say it's either the Christmas lights that immediately stop working, or the clogs that just don't quite fit. Gaahhh!

No comments: