11.07.2003

Today being Friday, me being utterly wiped out, and there being a very cool Friday Five today, I believe I'll start with that:

1. What food do you like that most people hate? Sorry, I'm not one of those black jellybean people...but I love caramelized onions -- I could eat a whole five pound bag of onions that way. I guess they're in fashion these days, but a lot of people pick them out of things. More for me.

2. What food do you hate that most people love? I don't like pepperoni, or really any of the fatty Italian deli meats. I also loathe roasted red peppers. Actually, whole hot peppers of any kind too. Bleeghhhhh...

3. What famous person, whom many people may find attractive, is most unappealing to you? Putting aside the obvious choices of malnourished starlets and/or aging matinee idols, I'll pick Ashton Kutcher and his whole crew of unshowered juvenile idiots.

4. What famous person, whom many people may find unappealing, do you find
attractive?
As if I need to think twice -- it's Jables, people.

5. What popular trend baffles you? Are you kidding -- where should I start? I'll have to pare this down to the truly inexplicable...i'll say 1) low-rise jeans; 2) talking on a cellphone while shopping, etc. with the earbud in, holding the phone out in front of you (thus negating the "hands-free" aspect) like a divining rod and speaking at full volume to nobody like a schizophrenic; and 3) supposedly quicker/more convenient/fortified versions of soup, cereal, and yogurt -- if you don't have three minutes to eat these things in their original format, you have bigger problems.

No comments: