2.16.2005


Sofia in a can. Posted by Hello Behold the delightful sparkling beverage Nat presented to me at our Valentine's Day dinner (of burgers at the Town Diner, so it fit right in). The cans are diminutive (a mere 187ml) and come with a cute but flavor-squelching bendy straw...a strange blend of sophisticated adult taste and girlish whimsy, just like its namesake, I suppose.

While I'm touting V-Day gifts, let me make a plug for the cast-iron Bacon Press I presented to Nat in return. This thing is more than a smiling porcine kitchen friend. It does more than straighten your bacon (hee hee). I've been enjoying the most decadent grilled cheese sandwiches with this thing -- perfectly golden and crisp, with a melting interior, mmmmm. It's a $12 panini press, people! Get yours today.

No comments: