2.03.2005

I missed the State of the Union last night because of my theatrical bent (see below), and couldn't be bothered to TiVo it because part of the "fun" is getting bent out of shape and ranting at the TV at the exact same time as all the other bleeding heart, blue state, latte-swilling liberal snobs, right? Heh. I leave it to DJ Blurb to recap for you.

Looking over the transcript, I'd pick out this as my "favorite" line: Soon I will send to Congress a proposal to fund special training for defense counsel in capital cases, because people on trial for their lives must have competent lawyers by their side. This from the man who casually signed off on 152 executions while Gov. of Texas. What if those 152 people didn't have effective counsel? Whoops, too little too late now! Let me guess: you go to the gas chamber with the lawyer you have, not the lawyer you want, right?

No comments: