3.05.2004

Seems like a good time for the Friday Five:

What was...

1. ...your first grade teacher's name? Mrs. Keough, a wee silver-haired harpy who despised little children, or so it seemed. I remember getting yelled at for not following directions during a standardized test, when I pointed out there was a printing error on the answer sheets. I cried, even though I was right, and it turned out several other kids were giving themselves ulcers debating whether to say anything or stay quiet. This is also the woman who told us if we told lies pimples would grow on our tongues, and made troublemakers stand in the class garbage can. Do I even need to mention this was at St. Hedwig's Catholic School?

2. ...your favorite Saturday morning cartoon? Ah, that would be "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends." I also had a soft spot for "Muppet Babies," though it doesn't hold up as well.

3. ...the name of your very first best friend? Christine Szaro, who lived nine houses down the street. She had an all-pink-and-white room with a canopy bed, and we played spit for hours on end, the only card game I know how to play.

4. ...your favorite breakfast cereal? Right now it's Kashi GoLean Crunch. Back then we were only allowed to have Cheerios and Kix. Coincidence? Obviously not, because in the interim I had a five-year love affair with Lucky Charms...

5. ...your favorite thing to do after school? Flop down on the sofa, read, play. In that order.

No comments: