3.12.2004

Seems it's a hot day for the Friday Five -- I'm all over it, and I am not alone in this:

1. What was the last song you heard? I'll count the snippet of "Italian Leather Sofa" by Cake they used on "Morning Edition" today.

2. What were the last two movies you saw? I am so lame: the last 2 in the theater were ones I had already seen at least once! Lame! So I'll count "School of Rock" (thanks, babe!) and "Iron-Jawed Angels," both enjoyed at home on TV.

3. What were the last three things you purchased? Cat treats, socks, and a toy Palm Pilot.

4. What four things do you need to do this weekend? Exercise, relax, visit friends, research trip to Austin. In my fantasy these will be the only things I do at all.

5. Who are the last five people you talked to? Coworkers, housemates, cat, brother, boyfriend.

And for some related Friday fun (related in that it's trivial), here's a list I poached from Jen -- only the bold lines are true:

I have never been drunk
I have never smoked pot (or anything else, FYI)
I have never kissed a member of the opposite sex
I have never kissed a member of the same sex
I have never crashed a friend's car
I have never been to Japan
I have never ridden in a taxi
I have never been in love
I have never had sex
I have never had sex in public ("public" as in a train station)
I have never had oral sex
I have never had anal sex
I have never been dumped
I have never shoplifted
I have never been fired
I have never been in a fist fight
I have never had a threesome
I have never snuck out of my parents' house
I have never been tied up (sexually)
I have never been caught masturbating
I have never pissed on myself (infancy excluded)
I have never had sex with a member of the same sex
I have never had sex with a member of the opposite sex
I have never had a relationship with someone of the same sex
I have never had a relationship with someone of the opposite sex
I have never been arrested
I have never made out with a stranger
I have never stolen something from my job
I have never celebrated New Year's in Times Square (nearby rooftop: close enough)
I have never gone on a blind date
I have never lied to a friend
I have never had a crush on a teacher
I have never celebrated Mardi-Gras in New Orleans
I have never been to Europe
I have never skipped school (law school excluded)
I have never slept with a co-worker
I have never been fisted and/or have never fisted anyone
I have never thrown up in a bar
I have never visited a site held holy by a major religion
I have never cheated on a final exam
I have never been/gotten someone pregnant

I have to wonder, who came up with this list? A bunch of repressed Catholic schoolgirls? Voyeuristic GOP senators? What? Let me add a few less salacious ones:

I've never flown in a hot air balloon.
I've never had three arms.

I've never gotten a celebrity autograph.
I've never given money to a homeless person on the street.
I've never driven a manual transmission.
I've never sent an anonymous love note.
I've never broken a bone.
I've never witnessed a crime.
I've never helped to deliver a baby.
I've never snorkeled.

I've never baked a cake.
I've never ice skated backwards.
I've never spelled "ARGYLE" in Scrabble.
I've never been to Antarctica.
I've never pinched someone's butt in public.
I've never been to a professional hockey game.
I've never been to a college hockey game.
I've never liked kidney beans.

Much less interesting, right? :P

No comments: