2.05.2004

And now, because it's been that kind of Thursday already around here, a bulletin from the Ministry of Who Cares?...thanks to Jen and the good old internet for this...feel free to answer for yourself in the Comments:

1. Full Name: Emily Katherine Durand
2. Were you named after anyone?: "Emily" for a woman my parents met while doing volunteer work in Appalachia in college; I'm the 5th generation "Katherine" (or variation: Ekaterina, Catherine, Mary Katherine, Kathleen) on my mom's side.
5. When did you last cry?: On Thursday January 29th.
3. Do you like your handwriting?: Yes...though I use it disturbingly seldom these days.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?: The roast turkey breast from the Portuguese deli near my parents' house.
5. Any bad habits?: Compulsive cuticle destruction.
6. What is your most embarrassing CD on the shelf?: Michael McDonald's Motown -- thanks, Amy! :D
7. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?: Absolutely -- everybody's doing it.
8. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell?: Oh yeah. I'm like a sieve.
9. Do looks matter? Against all my protestations, yes, they do.
10. How do you release anger? Snapping at those I love, unfortunately.
11. Where is your second home? 831 Myrtle Street, Elizabeth NJ.
12. Do you trust others easily? All too easily, I think.
13. What class in school do you think is totally useless?: I think pretty much the whole traditional public school curriculum is presented in an ineffective, un-engaging way...but just on substance, I'd say math, and not just because I'm a mathophobe.
14. Do you keep a journal?: Only when I travel. Uh, unless this blog counts.
15. Do you use sarcasm a lot?: Who me? Use sarcasm? Who am I, Dennis Miller? Give me a break...psshhhh.
16. Have you ever been in a mosh pit?: Indeed, several. Most memorable was a Fishbone show at Tufts, the lead singer guy stepped on my head as he crowd-surfed back to the stage, ouch! I think those days might be gone, though...sigh.
17. What are your nicknames?: The Empress. And for some reason my dad calls me "Ahh-mo-lee."
18. Would you bungee jump?: Noooooooooo.
19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?: I'll take them off without untying, but I have a high arch, so I can't get them back on without re-tying them. Gaahhh!
20. Do you think that you are strong?: Yes...yes, I do.
21. How many wisdom teeth do you have?: Uh, I think zero.
22. How many people have a crush on you right now?: As far as I know, one. But I've found out in the past that friends have been crushed out on me for a long time and I had no idea. Ooops.
23. Favorite ice cream flavor?: Burnt sugar ice cream from Christina's in Cambridge.
24. What color pants are you wearing?: Black -- it's a work day.
25. What are you listening to right now?: Other people in my office talking -- sorry, no music capability on my computer! :(
25. Last thing you ate?: Lunch -- leftovers, yogurt, seltzer. Soon will have a square of incredible Scharffen-Berger chocolate for dessert...mmmmmmmm.
26. Last person you talked to on the phone?: Paul Teng, one of my company's attorneys in NYC.
27. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?: Height, smile, and thighs, in that order.
28. Do you like the person who sent you this?: Yup. :)
29. Favorite Drink?: I'll say Thai iced tea.
30. Do you wear contacts?: Yup.
31. Siblings?: three: Rebecca, Josh, and Sara.
32. Favorite Month?: October...though spring has grown on me since I moved to New England.
33. Are you too shy to ask someone out?: Hells no.
34. Hugs or kisses?: Definitely kisses.
35. Living Arrangements?: Two housemates, Mandy and Amy; one kitty, Minerva.
36. What books are you reading?: Way, way too many books on the nightstand these days.
37. What's on your mouse pad?: A blob of wrist-supporting gel.
38. What did you watch on TV last night?: "American Idol," baby! OK, also "Law & Order."
39. What's the first thing you think when you wake up in the morning?: "Just ten more minutes..."
40. Favorite place: bed. Or, a movie theater. Or, Australia.

No comments: