There's no Friday Five today, folks, so instead I'm poaching an Oscars Weekend concept from Nat's blog -- let's call it, Name That Generically Encapsulated Movie! Those who have digital cable will recognize the stilted grammar and bizarre plot abbreviations from the on-screen viewing guide. See if you can guess which movies I'm referring to here -- post your guesses in the comments, and I'll put up the answers on Monday. :-) UPDATE: Answers Below!
1. World-weary bartender follows her old flame to N.Africa, after he borrows her inheritance.
Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Newly divorced mom worries when her young son disappears with a strange new friend on Halloween.
3. Whimsical adventures of homebodies on a European road trip.
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
4. Family tale of elementary teacher whose most timid student flees the school and is kidnapped.
5. Story of difficult father and his son, who rebels by destroying home and car with help from wacky friends.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off