7.12.2005

Kim revives the Friday Five -- and it's a good one, on everyone's favorite abstract concept that's taken over our society, money!

1. How much money is in your wallet right now? US$10.16, plus AU$0.20.
2. How much money would you need in the bank to feel secure? Rich? I would need to pay off my student loans to feel secure -- after that, $1000 in the bank would feel good. "Rich" would be, I don't know, $250K? "Rich" is relative.
3. If someone gave you $100, no strings attached, what would you do with it? God help me, I'd spend it -- probably on this or these. Or here!
4. If someone gave you $1 Million, no strings attached, what would you do with it? I'd skim off about $250K to square debts for myself and my family, and for a down payment on a house, then create a trust with the rest. I'd use the proceeds for challenge grants to get more professionals to teach in the public schools, restore programs for gifted students, and get school capital improvements and supplies partly financed by local business. Then I'd run for office. ;)
5. How much does something have to cost before it starts counting as "real" money, as a purchase to be considered and evaluated, but below which you'll buy without really thinking about it? In general, I'd say around $10, but it depends on what it is -- I'll buy a book or a shirt for $10, but it kills me to spend that on a movie ticket, on lunch, or my favorite face lotion.

No comments: