Strange sightings from today's lunch hour:
1. Guy sitting atop a large boulder, in the middle of his office park lawn, talking on his cellphone.
2. Dead porcupine on the curb, as if he was about to cross the street, then laid down and died.
3. Two crows chasing a smallish red hawk across the sky over I-95, as if away from their nest.
4. In the checkout line at Target, a very well-behaved little boy (unusual enough by itself) "helping" his mom by carrying a rolled up bath mat on his head.
5. On Rt. 3 at my exit, the ultimate Bad Camry Driving moment: a green Camry I'd been following for a while somehow misinterpreted the signs for the exit, peeled right about 50 yards ahead of the offramp into the construction area (they've been widening Rt. 3 for like 18 months), drove BEHIND a line of Jersey barriers and then rejoined the offramp. There was fresh asphalt over there, but there are big orange pylons and it's pretty clear that the lane is not yet in use -- he's lucky he didn't swerve off into the woods or the big ditch on the righthand side, seeing as there's no guardrail yet. I gave him a look as I pulled up next to him at the bottom of the ramp, and he appeared -- in classic Camry driver fashion -- blissfully unaware.