1.10.2005

La Procrastinista strikes again -- doing Kim's Special Event Friday Five on Monday afternoon! This is a good one...

Who is the most famous person you have ever hear speak in person? Unfortunately, I think it's Ben Affleck, who dabbled in the Democratic National Convention by appearing at a delegate breakfast I was volunteering at and making a total ass of himself ("God bless you! And God bless New Jersey!"). Other, far more compelling speakers include Doris Kearns Goodwin, Sister Helen Prejean, Barak Obama, and South African anti-apartheid leader Albie Sachs.
What is the largest audience you have ever addressed? Probably my law school graduation, where I helped read the names as the diplomas were handed out. This is how I wound up being the last person on the list...
What is the fanciest event you have ever attended? I volunteered at a couple AIDS Action fundraisers that were pretty lavish...and my second experience as a bridesmaid was beyond formal.
How many weddings did you attend this year? Three! All were gorgeous, one was in the pourning rain, one was in California wine country, two involved an ex of mine, all three had incredible food. Woohoo, bring on the matrimony in '05!
Would you attend the presidential inauguration if invited? No way, not even to chain myself to a buffet table in protest. Well...

No comments: