It's a rainy Patriot's Day here -- the reenacted battle o' Lexington & Concord has been cancelled, yet the marathoners run on. While the schoolchildren and office workers and academics of Boston lounge around at home in their pajamas....grrrrr.....I sit in my cube and contemplate...a nice long meme:
1.What are your initials? I was EKD, now I go with just EW.
2. What is your favorite thing to wear? Black yoga pants...is that so wrong?
3. Last thing you ate? Breakfast: honey puffed rice cereal and a banana
4. Nastiest thing you've ever eaten? I bit into a moldy grape tomato recently...hurk.
5. I say 'Shotgun,' you say? Knock yourself out.
6. Last person you hugged? The Hubster!
7. How many U.S states have you been to? 32. Wow!
8. What state did you dislike the most? I don't think I'd ever move to Connecticut.
9. How many of the U.S states have you lived in? For more than a couple weeks, 4.
10. Does anyone you know wanna date you? Let's hope it's just my husband. :)
11. Name something you like physically about yourself. Being tall, it rocks.
12. What is your favorite romance movie? The English Patient -- "I hope you're watching the clothes, Elaine..."
13. Who is your best friend? I always hated this notion. I'll say, myself.
14. Why are you still up? It's not naptime at the office yet.
15. Who/What made you angry today? My ineffectual umbrella and raincoat.
16. Favorite type of Food? I could eat Thai or Korean food anytime, or a good dumpling of any origin.
17. Favorite holidays? I love Halloween. I just wish we had more than 6 holiday days a year at work!
18. Do you download music? Indeed -- I bought a Decemberists compilation from iTunes, and my frail elderly mind could barely keep up with the speed and the variety, oh my!
19. Do you care if your socks are dirty? Not as much as, say, my shirt. I tend to ignore my feet.
20. What age did you start noticing the opposite sex? I'd say around 4th grade. In 1st and 2nd my best buddy was a kid named Donald, and neither of us thought it was weird (although our moms and teachers made constant jokes about it, nice). By 4th grade Valentine's Day, though, I had a "secret" crush, and left him a chocolate heart in his desk!
21. Have you ever cheated on a test? Honestly, I don't think so.
22. Has anyone ever sang or played for you personally? Nope...and I always harbored a fantasy that John Cusack would show up in a skinny white blazer and bust out a sax solo...
23. Do you love anyone? Absolutely!
24. Do you like Bush? Oh dear.
25. Have you ever bungee jumped? Nyet.
26. Have you ever gone white-water rafting? I have been canoeing and tubing through Class 1 rapids, which is to say, no.
27. Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you? Unfortunately, yes.
28. How much money ya got in ya pocket? US$20.86, AU$0.20.
29. Have you met a real redneck? Hell yeah.
30. How is the weather right now? Ridiculous.
31. What are you listening to right now? "Like A Prayer" is playing very softly in the next cube.
32. What is your current favorite song? I like the latest Shins song.
33. What was the last movie you watched? Shaun of the Dead with commentary = brilliant.
34. Do you wear contacts? Yup.
35. Where was the last place you went besides your house? To the fabric store! Also Whole Foods, and on a driveby of some houses for sale in Lowell, MA.
36. What are you afraid of? Getting into a car accident.
37. How many piercings have you had? A dull set of 4 on the earlobes.
38. How many pets do you have? One large and awesome cat, MAX.
39. What's one thing you've learned? Don't waste time feeling insecure or self-conscious -- people are far more self-absorbed than you think.
40. What do you usually order from Starbucks? A TAZO tea -- I am not a coffee person.
41. What's your favorite book? Please. I am on a P.D. James kick lately, and just started this, so far so good.
42. Have you ever fired a gun? Nope.
43. Are you missing someone? In a way.
44. Favorite TV show? Now that Extras is over, I am back to The Office. Gervais hardcore!!
45. Do you have an iPod? No, despite their sometime siren call.
46. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celeb? Yes, the "celeb" herself.
47. If you had a daughter, what would you name her? I like Margaret, Caroline, or...Clementine! Or maybe Daisy?
48. Who would you like to see right now? How about Eric Bana with a glass of wine and a folding massage table? ;P
49. Favorite movie of all time? I could watch Raiders of the Lost Ark repeatedly, ad infinitum.
50. Do you find yourself loved? Yes!
51. Have you ever been caught doing something you weren't supposed to? Oh my, yes.
52. Favorite flower? I like hydrangeas, the really dark blue ones.
53. Butter, plain, or salted popcorn? Mmmmm, melted Olivio + paprika + salt.
54. What magazines are you reading? God help me, Rachael Ray!
55. Have you ever ridden in a limo? A couple times, for funerals. On my wedding day, I rode in my own car, my dad's Element, and a rented white Pontiac Grand Prix, sweet!
56. Has anyone you were really close to passed away recently? Not recently, no.
57. Have you ever been on stage? Indeed! I made my debut as Gretl Von Trapp in the 1979 production of The Sound of Music at St. Patrick High School.
58. What's something that really bugs you? Traffic jams -- I get unreasonably huffy about the wasted time. Yes, I am a control freak!
59. Do you prefer scary movies or comedies? I guess overall comedies, although I like both to be smart.
60. Do you like Michael Jackson? He puzzles me. The hits hold up, though.
61. What's your favorite smell? Sourdough, woodsmoke, lavender, the spring wind, and onions cooking in chicken fat. Seriously.
62. Favorite baseball team? Whither Varitek goest...
63. Favorite cereal? Mixed Berry Cheerios...boring!
64. Have you ever milked a cow? Nope, not even at the MN State Fair!
65. What's the longest time you've gone without sleep? I think only about 20 hours, I become insensible quick.
66. Last time you went bowling? Too long ago! Though my all-time high score is like 60.
67. Where is the weirdest place you have slept? I used to fall asleep floating on a big raft in the pool, does that count?
68. Have you ever cut your own hair? NO.
69. Last time you were at work? Uh...moments ago?
70. What is the closest orange object to you? A Crayola marker and a Post-It.