2.10.2006

Hey, it's Friday, I'm alone in the office, and the power of the Four Things Meme cannot be denied forever...so here is my duly customized version:

Four Jobs I've Had: puppeteer in the public library children's room; job coach for developmentally disabled adults; part-time mad scientist; litigation associate. Guess which one sucked the most?

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over: Raiders of The Lost Ark ("Just blow it up, blow it back to God!"); Four Weddings and a Funeral ("Vocal exercises. Big church."); Master & Commander ("Might we press you for...an anecdote?"); The Great Muppet Caper ("What color are their hands now?").

Four Totally Overrated Movies: The Right Stuff, The Natural, The Piano, Forrest Gump.

Four Places I've Lived: E-Town; 116th St.; "The Paris of the 90's"; San Francisco.

Four Current TV Shows I Love: Lost; Arrested Development (R.I.P.); The Closer; The NBC Office (suck on it, BBC snobs). I am also totally hooked on the Bleak House miniseries.

Four popular TV shows that I've never watched a single minute of: Everybody Loves Raymond; Survivor; Gilmore Girls; Alias. I watched one episode of CSI and just shook my head in disbelief.

Four Places I've Vacationed: Long Beach Island NJ; Oak Bluffs MA; Davenport IA; Newfound Lake NH

Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now: See above, except substitute New Zealand for Davenport (that's really a summer place).

Four of my favorite dishes: fried chicken on the 4th of July; a well-made reuben sandwich; Wang's dumplings, panzanella from Centre Street Cafe.

Four dishes I will never eat again: un-homemade eggplant parmesan; passionfruit gelato (I had this in Australia and it was like trying to eat delicious gelato studded with dead ants, i.e. the crunchy, unappetizing passionfruit seeds, blegh); pick-your-own lobster (too sad); the dreaded dinner of childhood: liver, red beans & rice, grape juice. :-O

Four sites I visit daily: kottke, Salon, overheard in NY, The Amateur Gourmet.

Four bloggers I am tagging: if there's anyone out there who hasn't yet, go for it! ;)

No comments: