10.21.2004


They did it! Posted by Hello As midnight struck, I was disowned by my loyal-Yankees-fan family in NJ ("I never liked you," joked Uncle Bob), Nat ran out in the yard to tear the Derek Lowe t-shirt off our scarecrow, to wash it and wear it to LA this weekend (hopefully to Sonny McLean's for Game 1 of the World Series!), and I sat on the sofa and felt the surreal joy of Red Sox Nation, redeemed. Miracles occasionally happen, people -- and if Houston wins their Game 7 tonight, we could see Massachusetts beat Texas in two high-profile national events within a week! Go Sox!

1 comment:

About Kimpossible said...

"...if Houston wins their Game 7 tonight, we could see Massachusetts beat Texas in two high-profile national events within a week!"
God willing! Now THAT will be a miracle. But mind you, I believe! And I know I am really becoming a grown up when I would rather have Kerry than the ring (do they give out a ring??) But I'll take both...I'm greedy.